This webinar wass designed to inform LELs about the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (NLEOMF)/NHTSA partnership and to provide LELs with the necessary tools and resources to assist in empowering and mobilizing law enforcement agencies to protect officers in the line of duty. In addition, this webinar included real-world examples of officer safety best practices and initiatives currently implemented in two states.
With resources developed and supported by the NLEOMF/NHTSA partnership, LELs have the opportunity to become powerful and persuasive influencers for proactive traffic safety policies, such as departmental seat belt use and compliance and move-over law education and enforcement.
View the Recorded Webinar > (Registration is required)
- Vernon Betkey, Program Manager, National LEL Program
- John Matthews, Executive Director, Community Safety Institute and Special Advisor to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund
- Wil Price, Enforcement and Justice Services, NHTSA
- Bill O’Leary, Enforcement and Justice Services, NHTSA
- Steve Wright, Central Kentucky Law Enforcement Liaison
- Tom Gianni, Chief, Maryland Highway Safety Office