In 2013, 3,154 people were killed and an estimated 424,000 people were injured in distraction-affected crashes. April is National Distracted Driving Awareness Month, and state enforcement agencies are gearing up for the second annual National U Drive. U Text. U Pay. Texting Enforcement Campaign.
This webinar reviewed tested enforcement strategies, available reports, and communication materials. For this effort, NHTSA has put together a “Products for Enforcement Action Kit” (PEAK) to help Law Enforcement Liaisons and their law enforcement partners continue the fight against the dangerous distracted driving epidemic.
In addition to the above, the second session of the 2015 LEL Webinar Series will showcase state programs that aid in distracted driving enforcement.
View the recorded webinar > (Registration is required)
- Vernon Betkey, Program Manager, National LEL Program
- Lori Millen, Office of Communications and Consumer Information, NHTSA
- Liza Lemaster-Sandbank, Highway Safety Specialist, Occupant Protection Division, NHTSA
- Jase Herring, Law Enforcement Liaison, Texas Municipal Police Association
- Edmund Hedge, Law Enforcement Liaison, Connecticut Highway Safety Office
- Products for Enforcement Action Kit (PEAK) Materials
- Subscribe to NHTSA campaign updates
- Enforcement Demonstration Sites: Lessons Learned & Reports: